Sunday, November 26, 2006

Surviving a crisis

This past week has tested my strength, endurance, hope and faith. My mother was checked into the hospital on Tuesday, because of tiredness and difficulty breathing. Conditions like that for a 86 year woman is very scary. Once more, our family did around the clock bed side attendance. I put in 4-6 hours per day. Compared to my other life priorities, the GMAT studies were pushed down the list. Thankfully she was released later in the weekend, but her energy level is still low. Since her admittance into the hospital through now, I have barely gotten in 2-3 hours of GMAT review and the test is tomorrow. ~dun-duh-dum~

The potential of good a GMAT score isn't looking too good. It's OK. I don't regret my decision. The care of my mother will never be a regretful decision. Her health has not improved much, but she is out of the hospital and with family. I'm spending time at home to be with her but can not focused towards the GMAT. I'll have pick up a smoking jacket for tomorrow's test, because I'm going down in flames.

Pointers on surviving a crisis;
  • Keep breathing
  • Spend time with children and get lots of hugs from them;
    • A hugg from a child can mend anything
  • Today was hard, but tomorrow can be better
  • Alone, you are strong. Among family and friend, you are even stronger
  • Success is not required for survival, but adaptability is mandatory
  • Remember to laugh
    • Whoever is happy will make others happy, too - Mark Twain

7 comments:

Iday said...

All the best for GMAT :)
The hours of practice anyone puts in before the test is immaterial once the test begins. It is a one-on-one battle between the test and the tested.

Concentrate during those 4 hrs and u must do well in the test.

Anonymous said...

i dont think there is anything more important than your family. you did the right thing by being with your mom. my good wishes are with her.

good luck with your gmat. as iday said, the 4 hours are very important, maintain your cool, and give your best. make sure you time yourself well, and take the energy shots during the break. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with GMAT! Hope your mom will become better soon~ I really appreciate your attitude, and with that attitude, u can make it!

Anonymous said...

Hope you mom feels better soon, dude.

You've prepped and you've put in your hours. All that's left is for you to rock the GMAT!

-tvu said...

Thanks amigos! I hope she'll get better also.

Anonymous said...

Hope your mom will get better, man.

-tvu said...

Thanks Alex.