Monday, November 27, 2006

Wear smoking jackets when going down in flames

It's done. Finito. It's a good thing I wore a smoking jacket, as expected, I went down in flames. I'll look into redoing the test later, once I turn in R2 application (getting the application in for R2 is more important), and once mom's health improves (hopefully) after the holidays so I can focus on the GMAT.

This score does not define me
It does not mark my potential
It does not mark my determination
It only mark how I am forced to think within the box

For now, I'm back home and kicking it w/ mom watching Monday night football in her room. Finally able to watch sports once more. Go Lakers! Go Cowboys!! Mom was a bit tired when I left for the ~Dun Duh Dum~ test this morning. Got home and made her some rice porridge. OK...it was instant porridge, but its the though that counts! Making real rice porridge would have taken too long.

The priorities for this week before I head to London/Paris this coming Saturday (12/2 - 12/18) will be;
  • Spend time with mom, god son, and family
  • Gather cold weather clothing to minimize freezing -tvu's ass
  • Gather travel papers, lodging papers, etc
  • Focus on essays, all the way baby
  • Try not to worry about mom, and try to sleep more
  • Remembering to laugh

More laughing material - William! William!! William Hung!!

10 comments:

asiangal said...

Congratulations on getting it done! For me, I spent a good 2 weeks or so studying for a retake ... and got the same score! =) Ah now on to the essays and recommendations.

Iday said...

Glad to hear that ur mom is back to being good. Cheers on that :)

All the best with R2 apps and yeah, bon voyage :)

rungee582 said...

I'm sorry to hear your mom was in poor health, but I'm glad she's doing better now. Best of luck with your R2 apps!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your mum wasn't feeling too well, hope she'll feel better soon. Also sorry to hear about the GMAT, but don't let that stop you! Hope you have a great time in Europe.

-tvu said...

Asian - Your score still kicks ass. I'm soo envious of your score. hehe...

Iday - Thanks & good luck w/ your interview.

Rungee - Thanks & good luck w/ your upcoming interviews. Hope we both can make it to LBS 09! hehe...

Suzy - Thanks! I'm too determine, stubborn to have that score stop me. I'll retake it, but after R2 and mom's health gets better. Afterwards, that GMAT doesn't stand a chance.

kpmg said...

don't worry man. you'll be able to do it!

I'm going to retake mine as well (i think). What prep materials are you using? I think I'm going to get the Manhattan GMAT verbal set.

-tvu said...

Wanna - Need to improve my quant. Don't know which book is better. Not thinking about the retake until after my R2 is done and mother's health has improved. Maybe in Feb I'll look into. Good luck w/ your R2 and retake!

Katrina said...

hey, wish ur mom will get better soon. About quant, i only used OG and OG quant review. I think the GMAT quant questions are not too tricky, u just need to familiarize yourself with the basic concepts. Good luck on R2 and retest!

Anonymous said...

hi..have a look at this..Useful one:GMAT - http://gmat-mba.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your nice blog post. Keep it up....... There is a helpful resource http://www.sharetermpapers.com for Managements Students which give me a lot of help like (upload/download) our academic projects, ebooks, case studies and has a database of good projects. This website also have popular ebooks and also study material for exams like CFA, FRM, PRM.....do check it out....

www.ShareTermPapers.com