Thursday, October 19, 2006

Hello...Bubye, Waves of R1 deadlines

As the waves of R1 deadlines are here and my co-applicants (i.e. RusGirl, Iday) have submitted to their dream B-school, I breath a depressing sigh. I'm still studying for the GMAT but tonight will be my last night of cram class w/ Kaplan. The rest of studies will be solo.




No worries, I'm a man w/ a master plan. I've got plans for most life pathways, except for my solo foreign travels. Its only me, a backpack (7 undies, 1 jean, 1 short, few T-shirts, 1 trousers, and 1 nice shirt), a travel book (Lonely Planet/Let's Go) and the wind. Back to my GMAT plan. I've requested one week off work so I can focus/cram all things GMAT, following week is for review, then the week after, take the GMAT. Dun-Duh-Dum~ No rest yet. Well maybe the weekend to kill a few brain cells w/ various forms of adulterated debauchery and sunburn from surfing my brains out. Yes, we still get sunburn surfing during the winter. Yes, I still surf during the winter.

I will then be all essays, all recommendation package, all transcripts, all etc, all etc. But wait~, there's more. I've scheduled for two glorious, freezing week in Europe for "On Campus Info Sessions" to the B-schools in the first two weeks of December. Hello UK (1st time), Hello France (3rd time), Hello freezing ass (countless time). If any of you in Europe are free to meet and have a few drinks, I'll get the first round of the local poison. Then it's back to SoCal, back to application deadlines for R2! Yipee~!

If I fail miserably, there's always hosting in Japan @ Club Rafael. Good thing I've maintained my dropped weight of 10 lbs. Looking to drop another 10 lbs. People are like fine wine. Which is why, let's open it up and down that baby!

No comments: