Monday, August 07, 2006

Recap of weekend...(nonMBA)

The entire previous week was engaged in last minute prep work for my good friends wedding. Yet another wedding. Ughh~... I'm a grooms man this time, no free time for wedding pictures in this post. Maybe no wedding pictures turned out to be good this time.

Friday (Calm b4 Storm); Finished last of wedding errands, so I took the groom out for a condemn mans' last drink. So it's only the groom (my child hood friend) and grooms man (me), so it's not a bachelor party, just too dear childhood friends savory his last precious hours of freedom. Being both snowboarders and surfers, freedom is best enjoyed after a pint of good beer, good music and the wind in our face and hairs. So after a good beer, we jumped in my truck, windows rolled down, blasted the music and cruised PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) from Newport Beach to Seal Beach. The smell of the salty ocean air adding to the flavor, I looped the drive ? times. We started around 11pm, I finally pulled back home around 2 am. We've known each other since seven years old, no words were spoken during that cruise.


Saturday (The STORM); OK, so I woke up a a little late, but no worries. We were still early for the ceremony at the church. Reception was Vietnamese/Chinese style (eight course meal) and the wedding party going to each table to greet, thank, toast the guests and pick up the money gifts. While each table gives the groom and bride the most foul, alcohol rich beverage to consume. Since the groom can't handle his liquor (cheap date), and I being the only grooms man that can consume alcohol, guess who drank for him?? I wonder how the dinner was, because I didn't get more then two bites. Hmm...Alcohol consumption on a empty stomach. Wonder what that produces? A very, VEERRY DRUNK grooms man.

TIP 1; when late meeting the bride's sister to pick up flowers, just smile and don't answer any questions. Just smile. Normally bring flowers helps smooth things out. Since we're meeting at the florist, that was not an option.
TIP 2; when "tipsy" and flirting..I mean talking to the ladies at a wedding reception...make sure....MAKE CERTAIN...that the two ladies don't know each other and they are not friends with each other and the bride.


Sunday (The Aftermath); lost cell phone (my black book is gone. Took me years to develop that phone list), lost rental bow tie (had to pay lost items fee), needed ride back in morning to pick up truck, because -tvu was too drunk to drive himself. Yes, I went home a lone. Wonder why? And there's the bee hive that -tvu stirred up last night. The bride gave -tvu an earful. The groom was having a good laugh. Thanks buddy. Glad I could provide you w/ entertainment. hehe...

Side note, I met up w/ another high school friend (back visiting) for lunch. I hadn't seen him since two years ago and his baby daughter was only a few months. Back in the high school and part of college years before he met his girlfriend and now his wife, he was quite the ladies man. He is a tall good looking guy with a good mind. That was then, now he's still the ladies man, but only limited down to two women this time....t
he wife and daughter.






The other lady in his life








Sorry, ladies. Mr model-bachelor is taken and she's got him wrapped around her tiny adorable fingers







Daddy's little girl








These little hands are able to wrap daddy around








Wrapped around her fingers

No comments: