Thursday, August 03, 2006

Three diplomas and one more to go...


Earlier this week, I received my second diploma (Business Analyst certificate) from UCI Extension. Including my first one (IT Management) and my undergraduate degree from University of California, Santa Barbara, that makes it three. Of course there is the big ole' MBA from a B-school in Europe that I'm aiming for, but that is a goal I'm applying for and hope to start progress in fall of '07. Three down and one more to go.

Side note; I was reminiscing my time (several best years of my life) while in UCSB.
  • Put myself through college
  • Second person in family to graduate from college
  • Learned that the world is larger then Southern California and USA
  • Traveled to Mexico city (DF) and Japan
  • Learned to surf and snowboard
  • Co-Founded a multicultural fraternity: Sigma Chi Omega
  • Made some life long friends
What I hope to accomplish/gain from B-school (next best years of my life) in Europe?
  • Finish the program; Graduate (MBA) diploma]
    • Greater insight into entrepreneurship, management, marketing, business language
    • strengthen/develop my soft skills, leadership, management, business skills
  • Change career
  • Summer internship in the industry (Strategy/International Business/Consulting ) I am aiming for post MBA
  • Exchange program to a B-school in Asia [Hong Kong, Keio (Japan), Melbourne, Singapore, etc]
  • Work in Europe postMBA
    • 6 weeks vacation
    • experience European lifestyle in urban setting
  • Time permitting while in B-school; travel/surf/snowboard in Europe, Asia, etc
  • Make additional life long friends and develop business contacts for future entrepreneurial projects
That's the battle plan for now, but we'll see how it holds up once it starts.
Strategic planning is worthless, unless there is a strategic vision. -John Naisbitt

No comments: