Monday, May 08, 2006

A Doctor, Lawyer, and Bartender...

I don't know how the weekend passed by, but I'm currently still in bed and it's Monday afternoon. I took some pictures, but will have to post them when I can get them transferred from my phone. Note; next phone must have a USB connection onto my laptop.

Saturday; Woke up relatively early, but stayed in bed, reading and blogging. Eventually I did box up a few items, broke down a bookshelf, transferred it to my SUV (when I bought back in 02 as a 03', it was to intended to carry surf boards/snowboards for road trips...now it the road trips I have are to move to a different house every few months), dropped off to my parents house, clean up my once past room will become new room and to my sisters' house to watch game 7 of Lakers v Sun. All of this while communicating w/ my friends working out the logistics to clubbing for Judge Jules tonight.

Saturday night; Lakers lost....they didn't even show up for the game. Kenn (nephew) lost the $20 bet to Liem (nephew). They wound up plucking the hair on Kenns' fingers to ease the pain of the Lakers lost. Did I mention he'll have to shave his legs and arm hairs also? Soo smooth.... So off we went to meet up but having to pick up money, meeting more people, and pick misc items, we didn't get to the club til 12am. Got a huge surprise!! All through the week, my old buddies (John, Derek, Vince, and Phil) were not planning on going, and they were calling me all that Saturday calling to play Texas Hold'em. Just setting me up...
Here's the play by play;
Got into da club w/ da gang after 12 am.
Got phone call from Vince, ask'n me if I'm at the club yet; Me -"yeah in da club now. What a blow by blow account when Judge Jules is spinning?" Vince - "Go up to second floor, my buddy is there and needs some company. He's got a few girls w/ him." Me - "Sure. I'll help the boy out." That's now nice of a guy I am
Got up stairs, trying to find this guy I met a couple of times before. And I see...Tina, Sydney, Lynnie, and Julie....the wives of my buddies. Few seconds later...I am mobbed by all four boys. OK. They got me good. Yeah...I'm not much for surprise (mostly because surprises for me are bad news), but this one of the BEST! It had been a long and tiring month (my dad's passing, birthday passing, new class starting, moving back home, and prospect of a very long dry spell in my social life). They're all married, (one w/ a new born baby) and they came to surprise me for my belated birthday. One of da bestest surprise I've had in my life. Thanks guys and girls...It meant a lot to me.
Sunday; We left around 3:45 am before the club closed, not by our choosing. Security kicked us out cuz one of our buddy was "smoking" inside the club. hehe...insider joke here...
Woke up, went to cemetry to visit dad's grave, took my nephew/nieces (9 ppl) to lunch (hurt my wallet), cleaned the room, and took a long needed nap. Woke up late, got call from Phil to head out to bar. It's sunday night...sure. It's still the weekend. Off to another adventure.

Three occupations to have as friends; Doctor, Lawyer, Bartender. Gotta have a doctor as a friend (obivous reasons). Lawyer to get your ass out of trouble. Bartender, so you get into closed bar, late on a Sunday night, and have drinks, smokes, food w/ some friends. All to ourselves.

I was playing w/ Jeff (works for LA Times part of photo division) new toy...a $3,500 digital SLR camera. That baby cost more then my 1st two cars...combined. Damn it shoots a great photo, once I figured how to focus it. I'll try to post the ones I took, once I get it from him. Can't be sure they look good, because I was already pretty buzzed at that point. By the time I did leave the bar well after 4am, a few had already passed out, but the rest remained there drinking and playing Texas Hold'em.

Having a buddy that's a bartender definitely has its' benefits. The other two just covers your ass.

No comments: