Saturday, May 06, 2006

Day after....

Whoa...what was an unusual Cinco De Mayo experience. Got out of the office a little late but was asured that I will at least have company to go to Shen Sen Gumi. My accomplences will be Tai (2nd nephew), Thanh (his older brother) and Eric (Nephew in Law). Tai introduced me to this restaurant and it has quickly become one of my favorite places to eat (ok...to drink also). I think last year, Tai, couple of other friends and I ate there once or twice a week. Yeah...I didn't save much money last year.

Once at home, grabbed a quick beer to wash the week's work stress out of my system. Note to myself; gotta get back to surfing to get rid of stress instead of drinking. Tai came by to pick me up and the adventures began at 6pm. Freeway traffic was 98% empty...deducted that everyone was in a bar for Cinco De Mayo. Once at Shin Sen Gumi, saw and greeted the regular employees. They recongized us, it's be almost 6 or 9 months ago we last went there, but considering that we used to go there once or twice a week last year, they should remember us...and miss our wallets.

Dinner was fabulous as usual. Yakitori, red snapper carpaccio, tomatoe-avocado-salmon...all yummy. Of course we also consumed 6-7 large beer bottles and 2-3 large sakes. Not sure if I enjoy the food or the alcoholic beverages....I'll figure it out sometime. 2-3 hours later, off to pick up additional alcoholic beverages. Tai (he's the six figure man) covered the bill. Thanks Tai!!! I think it was 12 pack of beers, 1 bottle of wine, 1 bottle of whiskey, 1 bottle of vodka (Grey Goose), two bags of chips and 1 bag of carrots. I don't know how the carrots got in there.

So it was back to Tais' place in Irvine and picked up two more buddies for night of Texas
Hold'em. Don't know how it happend but I lost $60 bucks. Damn...I'm normally better then that. I guess planning with new people throws my game off. Gotta learn to not go all in on just pocket pair of 4's, got slammed w/ his flush (A's high..talk about rubbing salt to wound). Can't remember much afterwards. Thanh had to an early flight next day, so we all left...around 4-5 am. I've been in bed all this morning...suppose to pack my stuff and move, but feeling lazy and read some new MBA bloggers from IESE (Noelle and George) for a change of pace of reading LBS bloggers. It seems the IESE mba candidates are dying in their academics but able to party. Both bloggers are very funny. Might have to reconsider IESE.

OK it's 1:25 now and I've been in bed all morning. Gotta clean up, try to pack for move, catch the Lakers games (don't drop the ball!!), head to mom's house to clean somere, and most importantly....Judge Jules at Spundae!!! Lets see what adventure awaits for me tonight...

No comments: