Friday, May 26, 2006

3 night down and 3 more to continue

So my short term goal of drinking every night through this three day weekend is ontrack. Three nights down (Tues,Wed,Thurs) and three (Fri, Sat, Sun) remaining. I am starting to feel tired and worn, but must push through the pain.
Recap;

Tuesday @ Kitsch's Bar in Costa Mesa, tried to got to Chat Noir and La Cave for live Jazz, but they were closed after 1 am. I guess OC shuts down early. Still wound up getting home at 3 am.

Wednesday @ Blue in Huntington Beach. Vietnamese bar, and it was Karoke night. I wasn't drunk enough to handle the horrible singing. But after two Greygoose n Tonic, and 3 beers helped out. Bumped into a friend I haven't seen in awhile. She and I used to eat at Shin Sen Gumi on a weekly basis. I guess we'll be starting that back up again. Home at 3 am

These are pictures taken at Blue. They were taken w/ my phone camera, so its very low quality;



Photo 1



Photo 2










Photo 3










Photo 4

Thursday @ All Stars. Vietnamese bar...ok really REALLY FOB bar. Had trouble getting hold of ppl to come drink w/ me. Was getting concerned due to no response from friends (Jeff n Phil), the drinking streak was in jeopardy. But by 11:00 pm. I was out the door, picked up Jeff and w/ a few side detours, meet up w/ Phil at All Stars at 11:45. And the drinking began. One tequila shot and four beers later, I was able to handle the FOB customers. Which reminds me, I've decided to post phone Europe excursion for Vietnam trip instead. Jeff and I will be heading to Vietnam sometime in Nov. Looking forward to it. Then I guess heading to FOB filled All Star bar can be considered as training for experience in Vietnam.

Note to self; Don't mind the bathroom with busted water pipes, smell of piss everywhere, broken stalls and puke on stalls that do work. Vietnam clubs will be worse. Just deal w/ it.

Today - Friday plans is to meet up w/ the boys (Thien, Mike, Phil, Kalvin and maybe Henry) afterwork at Dave & Buster at "The Block" in Orange. Drink happy hour priced beer, get stupid, and maybe catch the new movie "X-Men; The Last Stand"

NOTE: FOB = Fresh Off Boat. Slang referring to waves of Vietnamese Boat refugees. Now commonly used to call any Asian person that came from their Asian country and still have not fully adapted to American style. Speaks w/ very thick accent.

NOTE: I still think and constantly talk my plans for going to MBA in Europe. Of course in between the beers and cocktails

No comments: