Sunday, November 12, 2006

Adaptbility to overcome adversity

Life loves me soo much, that it's dumping tons on me. Holiday season is fast approaching and my mother is starting to feel it. During the sliver of time I'm home, I see that she's getting more tired and I sense my fathers' passing is weighting heavily on her. She needs my presence and whatever strength I have left. With only two weeks left before my dun-duh-dum date coming, I will try to ask for half days at work, spend remainder of day w/ her until my family gets off work, and I'll head to study. This schedule will probably last to Thanksgiving, thereafter we'll re-evaluate her condition. I know my score will completely suffer and perhaps hurt my application. But my mother is more important then the stink'ng score and the B-school should hopefully not place too much emphasis on a simple, regulated number. If they do, then they were not the school of character I thought they were made of.

Now I will have to craft a nice letter to work, use some of my vacation time, to have half days off for my mother.

Life Lesson - You have to remain adaptive to overcome lifes' adversity

Duck, Weave and roll with life's punches -tvu

4 comments:

kpmg said...

strong family values man.

All the best, it's just a few more days.

Iday said...

//But my mother is more important then the stink'ng score and the B-school should hopefully not place too much emphasis on a simple, regulated number.

ur absolutely right there on all the points :)
So take care of mom and give ur best shot at GMAT. The schools will understand!

-tvu said...

Thanks amigos.

Anonymous said...

Strongly agree with u on all of those points! Family comes first, ALWAYS! :)