Tuesday, August 29, 2006

What life throws at me and How I'm dealing with it...

The MBA application activity is lower in my priority now. My god son (inherited son) has been in the hospital since Friday. Hopefully once all the testing is done, he'll be home later this week.

Background story;
He was in football practice on Friday and complained about chest pains, heavy breathing, and headaches. Five or seven years earlier, another kid from the same football team had died during practice due to heat exhaustion. The coach checked my son into the hospital. I found out when I got home from work. My 85 year old mother doesn't remember my cell #, but his two older sisters were with him.
They've run the tests and have two doctors on his case. Since it's "hell week" for high school teams, and the kid had passed a few years back, the schools and hospitals are not taking any chances. My inherited son is 15 years old, 5'8" and weights 270 lbs. Yes, that's a lot of Vietnamese. My family has never been on the slender side of Vietnamese genetics. We're build tough and strong.
So I'm back in the hospital again, sleeping in the fold-able chair during the weekend. Although he is a big kid....he still is a kid.

Funny note;
It's Saturday afternoon and I'm coming in to relieve my two nieces. They had just given him a bath because he was starting to stink up. Yeah, remember the teenage years, when you're body's a hormone factory. Combine that with yesterday's football practice sweat still on you. Yeah...he probably did stink.
The sisters complained about having to give him a bath.
I said, "Personal hygiene is optional for men on the weekends." I shower, but don't shave during the weekends , unless I'm meeting important people.
My son laughed.
My nieces said, " ewhh~!"
The nurse responded, "You must be single."
My nieces and son then laughed.

No comments: