Friday, June 02, 2006

Can't keep still...

When I was a kid, my dad used to always chide me for constantly fidgetting my legs. Picture sitting w/ foot pushing front protion of leg up and down, at a fast pace and constantly up and down, up and down. I've out grown this tic but I'm still fidgetting in my life.

Since all UCI extension courses are done and completed two certificates, I now have my precious free time back. I've started back into my work out regime (I biked ten miles last night and helped my friend move), but there's still free time. I don't have TV in my room and I'm starting to like it. I will now start to read. It's better and cheaper then going out drinking every night w/ the boys. I'll save going out w/ da boys for weekends. Proof; I turned down going to the local club these past two nights. I am having dinner w/ two femail friends tonight (it's Friday so its ok) and most likely will be dragged to Shark Club (Friday is Asian night, promoters pics) because it's new wave music night. These girls love new wave. Oh well...

Back to my fidgetting and free time. I will restart my work out regime (goal; run 4 miles and 1 hour weights), restart surfing (reason; it's surfing baby), and restart reading (reason; I like to learn stuff). After seeing the movie Da Vinci Code, (I give a B/B+) with my god son Henry, I was going to read the book. Yes reading the book after watching the subpar movie. I'm cool like that. But after seeing the movie trailer for The Namesake I will definitely read this book instead.

Kal Penn (Van Wilder, Harold n Kumar, Superman Returns) stars in it and has a blog during the filming. Coolio, another bloger. I'll definitely read the book before watching the movie this time. How weird is that?! Another immigration, coming home book I throughly recommend is Catfish and Mandala.

MBA Note: Found this blog on Oxford MBA; Vaniah's MBA Diaries I'm surprise there aren't many oxford, cambridge bloggers. Will have to search for more



I'm going to enjoy and be productive w/ my precious free time. I only have it till' end of July, afterwards, it's back to studying for GMAT and applications.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom-san, The Namesake is a great book. I defintely recommend you to read it. The author, Jhumpa Lahiri has another beautiful named "Interpreter of Maladies". After you read The Namesake and if you like it, you should try this one too, I think.

-tvu said...

Igor-san! I saw that book also, but didn't think I'll have enough time to read two books.