Monday, May 22, 2006

Homestretch and can't wait to get back to real studies..

Tomorrow will be my last class for the Business Analyst certificate. Only have to finish up this take home final and power point presentation. Hence the reason I'm procrasting by blogging. Once this is done, only have to resume my GMAT studies, application process for the B-schools (top choices; European schools, fallback choices; European/Australian schools). I heard that some admissions personale read blogs, so I am keeping it descreet, but it's fairly obvious which schools I'm interested in.

When I 1st started into UCI extension, it was because UCI had a pilot program for their employees to take advantage for extension, career education and advancement and have it be covered. What a novel idea!! With one quarter interuption for my Vietnam trip w/ my dad (milestone trip for me) I finished the IT Management certificate. For the Business Analyst cert, I only needed four additional classes. Only four more classes, I thought. No sweat I thought. hehe...Well partially true. So now I'm only one take home final and presentation away from my second certificate. Looks great on my resume. Hopefully it will impress the B-school admin people.

Yes. It's very obvious. I really, REALLY want my MBA, but it has to be from Europe or Australia. I want that international exposure. I think about it constantly. I read as much international MBA blogs constantly, to get a feel of their experience, their pain (turns out to be A LOT), but also their rewards of (turns out to be A LOT). It is a very large world and I want to experience as many as possible.

I want to have my (passed) father proud of me, I want to have my mother pround of me, I want to blaze a trail for my nieces & nephews (lots of them) to graduate degree. That backpacking through a foreign country is scary, crazy, and the best thing they can do in their lives. Yes, I am sacraficing 2 years out of my life, delaying and possiblity killing any possibility of marriage and family, and the last remaining years of my mother life, but the rewards are endless. I've lost passion in my life and I want to feel alive once more.

After this last class, I'm going to give myself a few months off studying so I can get back into the gym (drop the 25 lbs I regained), surfing (get back my tan & sanity), enjoy my limited time w/ mother and family (I won't be around after I'm in Europe for B-school).

Back to the final and presentation.

No comments: