Tuesday, February 20, 2007

R2 with GMAT

Almost done w/ the Critical Reasoning section and should ready for Sentence Correction next week. Afterwards, it's time for a practice CAT to gauge how I'm doing. It's been slow but steady progress. Full time work (completed projects, new projects, project lead, systems maintenance, troubleshooting, meetings, etc...) and squeezing in lunch work out session (for my lower back, my waistline and my sanity). After work, two - three hours GMAT study, be home around 9 pm to give mother company (watching TV in her room and small talk), and finally free time to unwind in my room whenever she falls asleep.

Make it a point to do something every day that you don't want to do. This is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.

-Mark Twain/Samuel Clemens

LBS's R3 deadline is at the end of this month, February 23. I may or may not be ready for it. I haven't even scheduled for the test yet. There is a small part of me that feels compelled to stay one more year for my mother and god son. I'll cross that bridge after I take the GMAT. For now, it's GMAT.

A smart person learns from their own mistake.
A wise person learns from others mistakes.

- proverb
Knowing what I know now, this is how I should have approached the GMAT.
  1. Studied off the Official GMAT guide first
  2. Take the test
  3. If I do poorly (aka my 1st GMAT test back in Nov), sign up w/ Kaplan
No worries. No regrets. We are the sum of our experiences and our learned mistakes.

Studying off the Official GMAT guide is a much better experience. I'm actually getting the material. At least answering the questions correctly. Hopefully this will reflect in a better score. Anything is better then my first score. The questions are not asking for ground breaking concepts. We're all smart humans, in our common sense way. We just need learn to think in the GMAT way for the higher GMAT score. I think I was applying too much pressure on myself last time. I always felt anxious. Always felt I was not studying enough. This time, I've developed a good schedule to juggle all the important things in my life. Time management is key in a crazy, hectic life. No anxiety.


We are more then just a number
More then just a score
We are more...





7 comments:

Iday said...

Hey - all the best this time around.

rungee582 said...

Good luck! (By the way, I love the picture you have up on your blog now! He's a cutie!)

asiangal said...

Best of luck with the second take. Looks like you have a strategy that works for you in place. =)

kpmg said...

good luck.

sounds like a good plan :)

-tvu said...

iday- Thanks

rungee- Thanks. He just turned 2 last sunday. He is my niece's first born, so that makes him my grandnephew(?), but he still 100% adorable.

asiangal- Yup, time management is key.

Wanna- Thanks

Alex said...

best of luck w/ gmat studies!

-tvu said...

alex- Thanks. I'm going to need it. hehe...