Monday, February 26, 2007

MBA: Higher Standards of Integrity

When we were children, life was simple because everything was black and white. Now as adults, the black and whites are smugged and things become gray. Unfortunately, the older we get, there are more gray issues then black and white. I've seen, heard, and experience enough gray issues in my life to learn valuable life lessons. Hopefully I will continue to learn more life lessons.

At work, I would rather face the backlash of my integrity/honesty, instead of participating in questionable/gray issues.

At home, I would rather face her (future girlfriend/wife/etc) squarely in her eyes and answer, "You look simply beautiful. No that jeans/dress/etc does not make you look fat", then the backlash of telling her otherwise.

An excerpt from an article on higher stands of integrity below. Full article here:
CEOs aren't the only ones being held to higher standards of integrity these days. So are M.B.A. applicants and graduates. They are being scrutinized more closely than ever by both business-school admissions officers and corporate recruiters. At the front end, more schools are checking the accuracy of applications to weed out cheats. The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania hires an outside firm to do background checks on every admitted student. If a dishonest student manages to escape detection at that stage, he isn't necessarily home-free. Wharton recently expelled a second-year second-semester student after it belatedly discovered falsified material in the individual's application.

2 comments:

petitecanadienne said...

tvu - glad to see this issue up on your blog. how's the GMAT prep. coming along? have you picked a date?

-tvu said...

Relearning proper english (sentence correction)...sucks, but helpful. My mother is sick this month, so I don't want to finalize on a date yet. My priorities are getting rearranged, thus my plans may change.