Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Apprecitation and using it effectively

So much of life responsibilities were in my thoughts, I was having a difficult time focusing on studies tonight at my usual Kaplan center. I felt how it sucked and unfair for me. As my self pity was bubbling, I noticed something interesting.

Nearby, a woman (still in her nurse uniform) was studying with her 10 (?) year son. She would study, but occasionally have to turn her attention towards her son. This happened many times.

This brought things into perspective. Regardless of my responsibilities, I have been able to get away and study. I realized how worthless my self pity was.

Self pity will not help to completing the task.
Appreciate what you have and learn to use it effectively

-tvu

For me now? The center is closed and I'm back home, kicking it with my mother in her room. Appreciating what I have and learning to use it effectively.

2 comments:

kpmg said...

Have always wanted to ask.

Was the Kaplan course worth it? Did it boost your scores?

A friend who went for Princeton Review, said, it was nothing more than getting a revision book and a personalised explanation for each problem. Nothing that couldn't have had been done by herself.

I recall your GMAT is on the 17th? If it is, how did it go? If not, when have you rescheduled it?

-tvu said...

Yes. Kaplan course was worth it for me. I have too many family/life responsiblities as distraction. The course served to keep me on study pace. Yes, it did cover materials from their book, but more importantly, the package included on-line study materials, 6 hours personalized tutors, on line homework/quizes, 8 CAT, and I got to take one of the CAT practice in the real GMAT test center. I highly recommend for people that has to much distraction.

Haven't takend the test yet. I rescheduled it for Nov 27. I'm splitting my time w/ work, watching over mom, and studying. I'm still scoring embarrassingly low scores on the practice. Good luck w/ your test also!