Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Studying is cool...if you're getting the materials.

Last night was pretty cool. I had completed another dragging work day and went to Kaplan's study center for my usual three hours study. My GMAT cram course is done, so it's all self driven from now on. My tentative "dun-duh-dum" GMAT date is Nov 17, it is approximately three weeks away. My arshe is focused and motivated. It's a Tuesday night and only three to five people where studying. Yea, we're the few focused, no life, losers that are motivated. The GMAT review materials were actually making sense and I was feeling great! Spurred on by this academic high, I pushed through the materials and felt even more charged up. I'm such a nerd. Back in undergrad dates, I sometimes...OK very, very sometimes studied on Saturday nights to cover courses I was behind. Even then, I felt super cool. I like learning new stuff. I am a geek and learning new different interesting things is really fun.

It is when I'm not understanding the materials, when it gets painful. Feels like beating head to the wall and there's a hollow echo in the head. I push through and keep at it, but the feedback from the echo gets louder and louder. Back in undergrad, I would stop and lite up a cancer stick. Now -tvu is older and hopefully wiser and pays more attention to healthy life style, thus a cancer stick is a NO NO. In the future, I can ask for help from my B-school study group. But that is the future and now it's just me, myself, and -tvu. So I was super stoked w/ myself for understanding all this standardized sh*t...stuff.

Learning. Cool for kids and fun for -tvu.

6 comments:

Iday said...

Glad to hear u started :)
Happy Studying...

Anonymous said...

good luck with your studies....i never felt a high when studying for the gmat, but i understand the geeky feeling.

asiangal said...

Hey we're taking the GMAT on the same day (although on different time zones). Best of luck to us both. =)

-tvu said...

iday - I've been study since the class started in over two months ago. Now it's all review and focus on weakness. Thanks buddy.

Forrest - Natural high is preferred to drugs high. Hench my addiction to surfing, snowboarding, and traveling. Used to fly planes, but no more time.

Asiangal - Yes. Good luck to us both!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! like the way you put a funny spin on everything! :D

Study hard!

-tvu said...

Hobbes - thanks!