Monday, August 21, 2006

Stirring up the gender bee hive

I've done my share of putting one's foot in one's mouth, but I've always...ALWAYS know to never comment on gender differences and inaedquancies. Talk about stirring up THE GENDER BEE HIVE. Well this idiot S.O.B did on his blog. The net is the perfect forum for shooting ones' mouth off, but be prepared for the flames coming back at you. I summit this return flame. hehe...

I have been surrounded by strong women in my life. When in 75' our family fled Vietnam war, my father stayed back to wait for my brothers caught in the fight. It was my mother that took our entire family on the boat, in the middle of the night, with nothing...I mean NOTHING, but clothes. It was her that worked and raised our family until my father was able to flee five years later. So don't tell me that a woman is weak. Out of family of ten kids, I am closest w/ my two older sisters. They were the one that I learned what sacrifices and true strength are about. No, I'm not a mamma's boy. If you meet me in person, that is the furtherest impression you'll get from me. If I hear some idiot mouth off that women are inadequate and weak, then I'm going to have some serious words with that hot bag of air. Sorry...Needed to vent. Now back to the issue.

Knowing that my future includes an international MBA, working in Europe post MBA, and I look forward to employment in an international city. There is no place for prejudice and certainty no place for gender discrimination. Growing up in the 70's Huntington Beach, California, and with the Vietnam war fresh in Americas' memory, I have experience plenty of racistism. If you're going to not like a person, then do so for their specific character flaw (i.e. lazy, idiot, mean, liar, cheat, etc), not because of generalized reasons (i.e. ethnicity, gender, age, religion, etc).

No comments: