Wednesday, July 05, 2006

LBS deadlines for 06-07 now finalized


As reported by blogger, daveformba, LBS just announced their application deadline for 06-07. R1 ends on Oct 20. That leaves only about 2.5 months for me (not including July) to get my act together. Good thing I was in the process of getting my applications/recommendations for the various European B-schools together for 2006, back in Jan/Feb, before I decided to delay for 2007 to be w/ my father for his cancer and eventual passing. Gotta get back on the GMAT study train once more. Yippee~...Not. Kiss my weeknights goodbye once again.

It is not a sudden lost. My mother has been mentioning, therefore making me feel guilty (a power I suspect all mothers have), that she is getting very tired daily. So I've been gradually slowing down my weekday social excursions to stay home for her reassurance. Elderly couples generally pass within a few years to one another. I hope/pray this will not be the case for my mother. I already feel guilty for applying for B-school in Europe.

My new routine will be, M-F;
  • Work
  • Excercise: 1-2 mile run, 30-45 minutes weights,
  • Dinner
  • MBA related activities: Kaplan GMAT review course, GMAT studies, application essays
  • Surfing (Fridays after work, Saturday mornings)
I will have to reactivate my GMAT review course w/ Kaplan. So depending on the schedule, I will have class twice a week once again.

Added Note;
  • Sunday mornings (indefinitely) : Take mom & nephew/nieces to visit Dad & Sister-n-Law @ cemetery
  • Thursday nights (8 weeks) : Review course for GMAT (hopefully they reactivate my account in time so I can begin studying again)
Non-MBA Note: Work out regime is starting to show some progress. After 4 weeks of almost daily exercise, I'm starting to put a dent in the 10 lbs I've gained from countless hours in hospital (bedside and overnight stay) with dad and 3 weeks of family prayer/dinner sessions and funeral proceedings. Usually takes a few weeks of excercise to show healthy weight lost. Two pounds lost to start and hopefully more on the way. Ideally, I want to return to my peak six pack form of 155-160 lbs, but that is not realistic, because of B-school applications and living at parents home, watching mother and raising god-son. I will be satisfied with dropping weight to 165-170. Something to strive for. Everyone's gotta have goals.

No comments: