Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Minor goal achieved....(non-MBA)

I continuously ran (no walking) one mile. This may read rather pathetic, but it is a small accomplishments for me.

Four years ago, I used to run three to four miles, then hit the free weights for a hour, Monday through Thursday. Then Friday through Sunday is surfing. Like clock work, that was my routine, my life. Since I took over partial responsibility of raising my god-son (his mother passed), my pilot license, surfing, working out was placed on the back burner. My fathers' fight with lung cancer and his eventual passing two months ago, did not help. So I was getting fatter and wider. And yes, getting older too.

Now I've moved back home with my mother, god-son, and two nieces. My life does not belong to me. My strength, my presence belongs to them. They need it more then I.

Giving up my bachelorhood, my freedom has its altruistic benefits and drawbacks. So running and working out (at home) is my time, my sanity. Surfing is next on the check list. I'll be down in San Diego for my good friends bachelor, surfing weekend party, this weekend. Yeah, that's what you get for surfers bachelor party. No strippers, just waves and surfing. Of course booze is included. Note to self; buy lots of wine for consumption. Beer has too much calories.

No comments: